AKA “The one that finally convinced me to uninstall D2” (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, May 15, 2020, 17:08 (1413 days ago) @ unoudid

This is the last straw for me. Despite all the things I love about this game, it’s been pretty clear to me for months now that Bungie can’t/doesn’t want to make Destiny the kind of game I’ll enjoy anymore.

At this point, I’ve spent hundreds of hours playing activities I don’t enjoy in order to earn weapons I’ll like and take them into the activities I do enjoy. It’s not ideal, but taken on balance I’ve been willing to do it because the point where I get to take my favourite weapons into my favourite activities has been worth it. Weapon sunsetting is a giant “FU” to me and players like me. It’s removing the part of the game I like (USING the weapons I’ve acquired) and replacing it with more of the part of the game I hate (grinding activities I don’t want to play and fighting RNG while using boring weapons in order to get the fun guns I can take into other activities).

The icing on the cake of this whole situation is the bold-faced lie that Bungie is using to justify this whole idea. The “we want to make cool new powerful weapons but we can’t because the current gear is too good” excuse is pure BS. Bungie have already said that that they couldn’t handle 3 pinnacle weapons per SEASON because that’s too much of a strain on the team. They’re not going to replace the our current weapons with new, powerful, exciting gear. We’re going to get more of the same stuff we already have, re-skinned and re-named, with the occasional truly new weapon mixed in. This is not at all about solving a problem for players. It’s about solving a problem for Bungie (how do we make players chance a whole bunch of weapons without taking the time and resources to make new weapons?). I normally couch all my criticisms in a lighthearted frame, but i’m genuinely pissed off at Bungie for even considering this move, much less going ahead with them. It’s a slap in the face. All their “play how you want to play” and “build your own custom monster killing machine” talk is nothing more than PR spin. They can add 80 new Eververse items in a single season with almost no new playable content, while simultaneously telling us about how we’ll be losing all the gear we invested countless hours into acquiring. Well i’m done with them from here on out. No more Destiny, and forget whatever they’re working on next. I’m not interested.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread