On the other hand… (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, May 16, 2020, 16:03 (1441 days ago) @ Vortech

* 1. SO, end result is that some old items will be less useful than new items if you are in Iron Banner, Trials and new Raids a year from now, right? Or am I missing something? Honest question.

That depends on how they handle public spaces going forward. Equip some 700 gear and try to play on the moon. What was it like when we first hit the Dreaming City White we were underpowered? The idea that power only matters in end game is one that doesn’t hold true in the game as it is right now. Next fall when the new expansion comes out and the base power level of the new area is 1500, the year old guns that are capped at 1200 aren’t going to be of any use.

The whole thing really falls apart when you talk about Crucible. If they’re ostensibly doing this for “balance,” are they just admitting they don’t give a shit about normal Crucible? It doesn’t actually fix a problem.

2. Lots of people seem to want them to make a D3 rather than keep working on D2. Won't that be this same problem an order of magnitude larger? I didn't;t like giving up all by stuff in the D1/D2 transition, but I do miss that feeling of hoping for some new hotness.

A new game at least has the potential to be worth the trade off, as it gives them the opportunity to start over and maybe do something interesting.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread