TWAB: This game is no longer worth grinding edition (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, May 15, 2020, 16:14 (1435 days ago) @ Cody Miller

They took a step backwards with game modifiers in D2. Why are Grounded and Airborne separate modifiers? Why aren’t Brawler and Blackout just one thing? There’s no risk/reward with them separated. Oh, it’s Blackout? Don’t get close to anything. Combine it with Brawler and now you’re enticed to try to get in there, and it makes this like Combination Blow+Assassin’s Cowl or Devour Warlocks extra appealing.

You’re right in that more perks should also work that way. Okay, you have Devour which gives you health on kills, but now you also take increased Void damage, or melee damage, or something. Managing trade offs is far more interesting than just being straight up better.

Rampage+Outlaw is another good example. It’s a combo that shouldn’t be possible. You can have Rampage or you can reload fast, but not both.

I won’t say it’s “easy,” but there are pretty obvious solutions that don’t necessitate taking away my favorite guns. Sure, it means that some highly sought after rolls will go away entirely, but I think it’s a far better solution. They’re always taking our guns away, they might as well use it as opportunity to at least do something interesting.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread