Playing “just for fun.” (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, May 18, 2020, 09:42 (1439 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I just don’t buy that as a good excuse. High level activities are the bulk of what you’re expected to do in Destiny. You can’t power up any other way, you can’t get Masterworking materials any other way. Like, great, I can go shoot some dregs on EDZ with my old weapons. Hurray! It’s a technicality that allows them to say that they’re not actually taking our gear away, they’re just taking it way from any activity that’s actually worth doing.

I'm not saying it's an excuse. And honestly It's hard for me approach what you are feeling about what they are doing to your pinnacle weapons. I can at least partially understand that. But what I'm saying is that this new way of doing things still allows you to play with a gun for a whole year at high level activities. After that, you can use it for everything past high level activities (or keep using it at a slight disadvantage).

They drop the light level of guns every season, but a single gun from release to dropping of light level is a year. I honestly can't think of a legendary gun I've used for a whole year due to meta and changes. Exotics? Sure, I've used several for more than a year, but they aren't going to be affected. I love my breakneak, but I honestly have changed auto rifles, my favorite type of weapon, at least once a year. And I honestly will probably change from my breakneak.

I know pinnacle weapons are different and they definitely will have to change how they are gotten to make it less of a heartbreak to separate from them for high level activities.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread