eh. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, August 03, 2020, 12:41 (1355 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Sure, sure.

If something is worth doing, it’s worth doing right. Bungie seems content to half-ass just about everything anymore. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing half-heartedly then moving on to some other half-baked idea.

I was just joking yesterday with Claude about how Bungie has monkey-pawed their way into making me actually wish they’d gone ahead with D3 rather than continuing to “build” upon D2. As it stands now, building upon D2 is actually turning into removing most of the game anyway, but still not getting any of the engine/UI/mechanical leaps forward that typically come with a full blown sequel. Like, if they had just stopped developing D2 a year ago, it’d be a better game than it is right now, and far better than it is poised to become once sunsetting fully kicks in. We could all go play D3 if we wanted new hotness, or we could at least keep playing D2 in its full glory. As it stands now, Bungie can’t/doesn’t want to give us anything “new” without taking away what we have already paid for. But hey, we have next year’s Guardian Games and other top-notch content to look forward to, so I’m sure it’ll be fine ;)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread