Commnunication! (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, August 03, 2020, 13:00 (1359 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I don’t think many actually demand perfection, just a little bit of common sense, which it seems is sorely lacking in a lot of their decisions. I’m not really sure I can believe they’re doing things in good faith anymore. Surely there’s someone at that studio that sees some of the common complaints about changes and asks “is this really a good idea?”

I don’t care about stat tracking on emblems, but it seems like it would be common sense to not institute a new system that erases old stats. No one was asking for overhauled emblem tracking. I think the new system is neat, but it’s not near enough to erase old stats for the people that actually care.

The collections tab in general is another. It is functionally useless if you can’t pull random rolled gear out of it. It was a complete waste of resources and time when I can’t actually do anything with it. DIM already has that functionality, and they’re more than content to let DIM fill in lots of other functionality gaps, so why not just let that one ride too?

In the cases where their decisions aren’t popular, they really need to step up and communicate why they think those were the best things to do.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread