Collections (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 05, 2020, 15:42 (1358 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

The problem for me is that organization and actually engaging with the armor perks is a complete pain in the ass. The game can be totally played while ignoring that stuff. But how many people just ignore it because there’s no good way to manage it in game?

That’s ostensibly not what Collections was for, but it still speaks to my point: it’s a half-considered system to begin with, and it hasn’t grown with the changes made to the game to actually be helpful beyond the simplest tasks.

I realize I’ve fallen into my negativity bullshit again, so I’ll bow out now. I’ll just say it’s difficult not to. We’re coming up on Bungie hyping up the new hotness, but I find that very difficult to get excited about given the now years of detritus littering the game. I know that the collections system isn’t some amazing game selling feature like a new expansion or season, but it seems like they used to care about stuff like that, whereas now they just shove it out the door, call it good enough and then move on.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread