Collections (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, August 05, 2020, 10:08 (1353 days ago) @ squidnh3

I encounter this commonly with Chappy's raid group - I often suggest fun combinations of perks to try out, but sometimes this causes distress and confusion because people without the familiarity have to search through their vaults for the right combinations of elemental affinity and season (which will now have sunsetting appending on top of it). I'm 100% certain those same people would find engagement with these systems enjoyable if it weren't for the frictions (not Cody's micro$ frictions) involved.

I don't usually want to jump in to a dog pile on what Bungie has or hasn't done, but I just have to comment on this one.

I have never paid attention to the season specific mods because it just gives me a headache to consider what build I'd do with who else to take advantage of being charged with light.

That said, I do enjoy (to some extent) how recent design changes in Destiny makes it easy to jump in and be effective, but if you want to get that final 5% oomf and a crunchy min/max problem to tackle, then they have it as an optional aside.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread