Collections (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, August 04, 2020, 13:03 (1333 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

The collections tab in general is another. It is functionally useless if you can’t pull random rolled gear out of it. It was a complete waste of resources and time when I can’t actually do anything with it. DIM already has that functionality, and they’re more than content to let DIM fill in lots of other functionality gaps, so why not just let that one ride too?

I was tracking and agreeing with you until you said this. Do you mean the collections tab in general? or are talking about a specific aspect of it?

Cause if you are talking about it generally, then I feel like you need to step back and think at a grander perspective. Because when it comes to playing varied content it is the greatest tool to be able to pull out what I need. And I don't mean the maxed out perfect roll of some weapon. I mean, for example, a void scout or that one sword that has a single perk on it.

Why not use DIM? Cause I don't want to use a third party app for something that is much easier for me in game. What if I don't have my phone on me? Hell, what if I don't have a smart phone? I don't use DIM because I don't need DIM to have fun in Destiny. You make it sound like a required tool to efficiently play Destiny.

I'm all for you voicing your opinion about how Destiny is not to your liking, but please take some perspective and think about other players (likely the majority) before you blindly blast every single design choice that Bungie has made.

I think there might be some confusion here - collections gives you access to EVERYTHING that doesn't have a random roll that you've ever received. DIM lets you mess with stuff you have on your characters or in your vault. They certainly work together... but they're not really doing the same job at all.

Then I have no idea what he is talking about with DIM.

And the idea that Collections is a worthless concept because you can't pull random rolls... eh. I use it almost every day for: exotics, shaders, emblems, ships, sparrows, year 1 guns I need for a specific reason... the list goes on. "Functionally useless" is objectively false.

(I guess if you play a game where you never use guns you don't use every day, or never change your shaders, or your ship, or your sparrow, or your emblem... yeah, then maybe it's useless. That's not even remotely how I play Destiny, though, so I'm having trouble connecting with it. Even if you ignore the fashion game, There are over 150 exotics, and I use maybe half a dozen regularly. The rest... they come out once in a while, when someone says "let's all run X", or whatever. The idea that I'd need to keep the other 140+ in my vault (taking up space that they don't need to take up, space I don't have to spare) seems silly.)

Yeah, I play the same way. I have some of my favorite stuff I use on my character, but there are so many times that I need some random weapon. Before Collections I just had to hope that I had it somewhere in my vault and then up the light level or just play with whatever I have. Now, I am not sure I have touched my vault since that collections upgrade.

It’s funny, I’m the polar opposite. Aside from shaders, I think I can count on 1 hand the number of times I’ve used the collections tab. For me, it is just about useless. I keep all my exotics and pinnacle weapons on my characters or in my vault. Aside from that, everything is use is a random-rolled legendary. If the collections tab allowed me to re-acquire random rolled legendary weapons, that would be a different story. Most of my vault space would be cleared up. But as it stands now, nothing that I’d ever want to pull from collections is able to be pulled from collections.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread