Collections (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, August 06, 2020, 07:34 (1357 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The problem for me is that organization and actually engaging with the armor perks is a complete pain in the ass. The game can be totally played while ignoring that stuff. But how many people just ignore it because there’s no good way to manage it in game?

I can't really speaks to this because I haven't gone full in on that system so maybe I'm that person?

That’s ostensibly not what Collections was for, but it still speaks to my point: it’s a half-considered system to begin with, and it hasn’t grown with the changes made to the game to actually be helpful beyond the simplest tasks.

I can believe the second point. But did Bungie actually say it was going to be what you want it to be? Maybe that's exactly what they want for it. a simple way to get the bare minimum for what you might need? But yeah, I agree that it needs to be upgraded with the seasons. I think that is their greatest failing of it personally.

I realize I’ve fallen into my negativity bullshit again, so I’ll bow out now. I’ll just say it’s difficult not to. We’re coming up on Bungie hyping up the new hotness, but I find that very difficult to get excited about given the now years of detritus littering the game. I know that the collections system isn’t some amazing game selling feature like a new expansion or season, but it seems like they used to care about stuff like that, whereas now they just shove it out the door, call it good enough and then move on.

You totally have your right to feel that way, I'm not putting that against you. I just had to put my two cents in about collections because for me and how I play it was the biggest boon in a long time. That's all :D

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread