Collections (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Wednesday, August 05, 2020, 08:57 (1354 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I agree with what you are saying, but I feel like you are making it too black and white. You can have both things. For example, I still use the armor 2.0 and weapons 2.0 when I play. In fact at least half of the stuff I use still use this system. I haven't dug 100% into it because for my play style I don't need to.

However, when I play old raids or even the new ones, I have no need to Min-Max with the new system to effectively play them well. Bungie has said that they want you to play the way you want. You like to Min-Max way more than I do and you can do that. But you can't assume that everything is for every player. Just because collections was created does it mean it's meant for you. You sure can use it, but It seems you aren't the type of player who would use it. I however use it a lot.

I guess to sum it up, I feel like Collections and the 2.0 system is a sliding scale not a one or the other.

Oh sure it's a spectrum, I just don't think it's purposeful and it's definitely counter-productive.

And actually, I'm not playing the way I want - I'd love to spend more time developing builds and using special seasonal mods, but I'm hamstrung by the agonizing gear organization time that requires. Maybe you would enjoy some of the new mod systems too, but you can't because of considerable amount of investment required.

I encounter this commonly with Chappy's raid group - I often suggest fun combinations of perks to try out, but sometimes this causes distress and confusion because people without the familiarity have to search through their vaults for the right combinations of elemental affinity and season (which will now have sunsetting appending on top of it). I'm 100% certain those same people would find engagement with these systems enjoyable if it weren't for the frictions (not Cody's micro$ frictions) involved.

At the end of the day, I simply can't believe that the systems Bungie is spending significant design capital on are intended for use by only the most masochistic of Destiny players. That's the whole point about this transmog response - implementing transmog without supporting it being used in a 100% fun way is nonsensical.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread