Collections (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, August 04, 2020, 13:00 (1360 days ago) @ Claude Errera

(I guess if you play a game where you never use guns you don't use every day, or never change your shaders, or your ship, or your sparrow, or your emblem... yeah, then maybe it's useless. That's not even remotely how I play Destiny, though, so I'm having trouble connecting with it. Even if you ignore the fashion game, There are over 150 exotics, and I use maybe half a dozen regularly. The rest... they come out once in a while, when someone says "let's all run X", or whatever. The idea that I'd need to keep the other 140+ in my vault (taking up space that they don't need to take up, space I don't have to spare) seems silly.)

Well, you described me. I can't remember the last time I pulled something from collections. Your point about exotics (at least the weapons) is noteable, but I like to keep them holding a slot in my vault, otherwise I'd be sharding them constantly, and I kinda like the masterwork kill counter.

I liked the masterwork kill counter until I ran out of space. Then I deleted every exotic (that didn't have an awesome roll) that was 20 levels below my current. Gained back a ton of space, never looked back. There are now a lot of exotics in my vault - but not 150.

Yeah, I don't even do this. I have my War Rigs that I keep on my person 24/7 and then there is every other exotic that I shard until I need it. I might keep 4-5 exotic weapons in my slots because I use them regularly enough.

You guys are really using Year 1 weapons and armor when you need something?

Occasionally. Something wants me to use a void pulse rifle. I don't have one in my vault. I go into collections, I grab one, I use it to do whatever. I finish, delete it.

That happens every couple of weeks or so. (Not a void pulse rifle, per se - just the "I need X, don't have it, can use a collections standin" decision.)

I'm the same. I have maybe a total of 10 (and that's pushing it) favorite non-exotic weapons that I keep and everything else I pull from collections.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread