+1000 (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 18, 2021, 13:22 (1161 days ago) @ Cody Miller

What happens when you come back from a war, and nobody really gives a shit about what you did there?

You write "The Things They Carried," and get nominated for a Pulitzer, and you raise that number from zero to several million.

This kind of proves my point.

And if you know that book, you'll recognize parallels to Six Days in Fallujah in terms of its scope and intention.

Also ask any women ever if she's had to deal with a guy who thought she owed him affection because he did something special. Nearly all will say yes.

Yep. Men should not expect sex. Women should not judge men by the size of their ... wallets. News flash, people suck. If you're trying to tell me that one shouldn't depend on Mario games as the source for their moral instruction, I'm with you. I'm perfectly okay with games not having any moral instruction, or games being a form of wish-fulfillment or games being fantastical in the way they present characters. Everything should be labeled appropriately, and parents should teach their kids judgment and how to treat others. I'm old enough to remember when censorious types who demanded everything be made according to their moral specifications were considered the bane of creative expression by free-thinking people.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread