+1000 (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 18, 2021, 13:51 (1155 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm old enough to remember when censorious types who demanded everything be made according to their moral specifications were considered the bane of creative expression by free-thinking people.

Do you think that's me? I fully support all types of creative expression. I truly hope this game doesn't get canceled again. Nor would I cancel Mario.

No, I don't. Just making a point that in 2021, the line between "I don't like the message I'm interpreting in this thing" and "This thing shouldn't exist" is pretty thin.

All I am saying, is that the totality of the media influences our culture and what we think. And we should be examining that. Especially since, as others have pointed out here, media is often our only way to see war.

I've pointed out the latter, and that's why I'm hopeful aboul the game, not that I hope it presents a picture of war that makes people romanticize it, but that it paints a picture that helps people understand the reality of war (and hopefully not casually or eagerly support it).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread