"My Vault" prevents playing Destiny (Criticism)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 18:12 (836 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Like I said, I get it, it’s an issue Bungie should address somehow. But I delete shit as it comes in. Loading times between activities are for just deleting everything that dropped from the previous activity. If you stay on top of it, it doesn’t really become an issue. It takes five seconds to look an item to decide it’s trash. Have I deleted tons of probable god rolls? Probably, but who cares? I’ve never performed any noticeably worse because my gun didn’t have the exact ideal perks.

You may be getting it, but based on the response and (I'm guessing) per how you play Destiny, I'm not sure if you are. You're right, but you're missing the mark. The glance and shard isn't an issue, should one have played the game enough to know what makes a roll special. (I gotchu EffortlessFury ;D)

The first glance is simple. Yay or nay. But if it's yay, well as any coder knows (I presume), that's when the options open up. This is where "stay[ing] on top of it" gets cumbersome. Example time! (And yes, this is real.)

A Solar Empty Vessel Grenade Launcher drops with the ability to blind, detect through walls (and boost stats as a result), and heal from kills with a reload masterwork. (Blinding Grenades, Threat Detector, Unrelenting). Pretty good right? Use case wise it's a fair roll. This roll has character. But I've got three other rolls; Impact Damage, Rapid Kill Reload Speed, Multikill Damage Boost. Impact Damage, Quick Draw, Boss Damage Boost. Proximity, Shield Match Free Ammo, Shield Match Kinetic Damage Boost.

Do I want to swap one of these? Which one of these do I shard? They're all solid kit with their own character! Do I already have something that can fulfill the needs these tools of destruction can fulfill? And of course I've not even touched the PvE and PvP distinction. That's just one weapon! On all three of my characters right now I've got 8 or 9 weapons in each waiting in standby as their rolls are interesting. They have already passed the first test.

I got a Retraced Path Legendary Trace Rifle with the new perk Golden Tricorn, and I want to play with it! Don't know if I'll keep it, but I want to at least play with it! Only... I have no room to bring it over to play with it and need to shard something just so I can figure out if this new thing is any good! It's silly!

I got a BxR-55 Battler with Elemental Capacitor and Snapshot. A Bottom Dollar with Opening Shot, Quick Draw, Tactical Mag, Small-bore and a Range masterwork. That's really solid, but I need to compare that too. It all takes time out of playing Destiny.

If you read all of that cheapLEY, well then I apologize. No doubt half way through (if even that) you were espousing something along the lines of "well fuck that, why even care, ect, ect". You're not here to make builds and all the dreck, you here to kick ass and chew gum, and you're all out of ass. And hey, I even envy it, as this was pretty much how I played Destiny One.

My enjoyment, how I get my fun out of this game has expanded and evolved, and unfortunately Bungie doesn't care. But I'm making this post anyway, in case I'm wrong.

I’m not sure this is something Bungie can realistically address. More vault space isn’t the answer, that’s just more garbage to collect. Not dropping so many fucking blues is a good start, and getting rid of Power would be great for not needing infusion fodder all the damn time. But short of that, what’s the answer? I can’t think of a loot game that doesn’t have this problem.

So we should all lay down and die if this is an issue in every game? The fuck kind of talk is this?

More vault space is not the only answer. UI and Designers could have a field day if they were put to task to "Quality of Life" this stuff. I'd do it myself but... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. One man "with pants on his head" vs a whole AAA game studio. Who wins?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread