"My Vault" prevents playing Destiny (Criticism)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 21:27 (833 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

If you read all of that cheapLEY, well then I apologize. No doubt half way through (if even that) you were espousing something along the lines of "well fuck that, why even care, ect, ect". You're not here to make builds and all the dreck, you here to kick ass and chew gum, and you're all out of ass. And hey, I even envy it, as this was pretty much how I played Destiny One.

You’re not totally wrong there. I long ago decided I don’t care enough to parse rolls like that. I keep one, or maybe two versions of any given weapon. Every time I get a new roll of a gun I like, I ask myself if I like that new one more, and I pick one or the other. I’m not keeping multiple versions of a gun for different circumstances. The game just doesn’t allow for it in a way that won’t leave me wanting to take 500 Aspirin at once. I like making the shooty pew pew, not theory-crafting for every conceivable situation I might find myself in.

And maybe we’re arguing the same point here—if that shit was 500% easier to parse and deal with, maybe I’d care more.

As a side note, your given example already lost me it. It’s a grenade launcher that’s not Salvager’s Salvo, so who cares? It goes straight in the trash. (:

So we should all lay down and die if this is an issue in every game? The fuck kind of talk is this?

That’s not at all what I mean, but I just don’t think there’s much chance of Bungie solving your issue.

Destiny’s entire UI is a fucking usability travesty. It’s total dogshit. I have exactly zero faith they could figure out any sort of tool set that would be more than barely useable for dealing with sorting gear in the vault on making value comparisons. I have even less faith it would be worth the time and effort, given all the external tools you’ve already linked for dealing with these issues. That’s a real shitty answer, I know, because it’s absolutely something they should have considered ages ago, and it’s something they should figure out. But they already got multiple people to fix their shit for them for free, so I don’t expect them to bother.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread