6 Answers (Criticism)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 19:11 (807 days ago) @ squidnh3

First answer:
Give up.

[image]

I see it as unlikely Bungie is going to truly fix this issue, because it never really ends. At this point it will act as a self-imposed sunsetting, where you have to decide whether to keep the new stuff or get rid of the old stuff. You choose, now's the time. This is coming from me, who's been at X99/X00 for the entirety of Destiny - I know it's my choice to be this way, and it's not necessary to have a full vault to experience the game fully.

What is it with this defeatist talk! Bah! Bah with this I say! Away with this! This kind of acceptance is part of why we can't have nice things! And I like nice things. (They tend to be shiny.)

Among it all, I certainly agree that it should not be necessary to have a full vault to experience the game fully. It probably isn't. But I want to play with all the toys, and if I find something I like or think I'll like with whatever builds, well I'm keeping it. And no, I'm not buying this defer all responsibility to user nonsense, even if it has proven to be so disgustingly easy to implement. And yes, maybe among Bungie or DBO or whatever, I'll just end up just being yet another old man bitching about the same blasted thing in the same blasted way for 50 flippen' years, but fuck. If it's bullshit, call it out. I mean, it worked for trials at least, why not this?

I know we've both been playing in the same 499 boat for gosh darned forever. But dam it, it's bull shit then, it's bull shit now... that the premier loot game that everyone else is "trying to kill" has these sorts of issues still lingering within. There has been GREAT strides made in Destiny 2 this year. More and more it seems that Bungie ...heh... FLIPPN' FINALLY... has got their shit together, even as the pandemic works to strain those systems as pandemics always do. Can they keep that momentum? It is my hope, and obviously theirs, that Bungie "with their eyes everywhere" will finally be able to make this game as awesome as it always could be. SO I present just a scant sliver of suggestions.

I look forward to you posting in surprise that I was right, yet again. And considering our vaults, you'll be happy to say it! (:P) Aw shit... that sounded like something Cody would say. Eh, fuck it, mulligan! (;P)

Second answer:
That being said, it sounds like there's some stuff you could do to gain some breathing room.

[...I'm required to keep exotic weapons at light in my vault. THIS NEEDLESSLY TAKES UP Space in the VAULT! At my current count in vault, it's 38 slots. 38!...]

One option is to keep exotic weapons you use constantly, but if you rarely use them, delete them and keep one "floating" exotic that you can use to infuse. For instance, you have a Cerebus, and pull a Thorn out of collections, infuse the Cerebus into the Thorn. Maybe costly, but it could gain you some more breathing room.

That is... a solid idea. Thank you.

[...I've only been playing raids with my Main (Warlock) as it makes the most sense between a playtime and slot stance to get that raid gear. And that sucks, as I had fun playing with my Hunter, but I had to shard that kit. I don't have room. ...]

A full set of Garden armor is good to have for the boss, but it doesn't really matter what the stats are, and make it Void affinity (the mote collector perk). DSC is too easy for the specific raid perks to matter, and you can always rebuy the armor at the end if that changes. Same with VoG. YMMV for Last Wish.

I keep the Vog stuff, as the Oracle Mods lets me use less-then-meta rolls against them, but all in all, noted thanks.

But the big thing... THE BIG reason I think I have come to this point here is... despite all the stats, I can never get a feel for every drop. Think about this folks, do you test EVERY roll you get? Speaking for myself, I've been forced to roll the dice on stat odds alone, but those odds are "will this feel good to play with" mixed with "what does this perk (3&4) combination bring to the play". Statically, I have some great weapons thus the spread sheet is king... and I'm just. It's not fun. The PLAY is lost in all this... noise.

I actually hardly ever test anything, especially PvE rolls. My general rule for PvE is that special gear is fun but not necessary, so those are often the first cuts I make. The exception is things that explode, I keep those things. Testing in Patrol is often very misleading too.

Not mentioned, but I do miss the Tribute Hall a.k.a the "Testing Room" we had in the The Leviathan. Of all the things Vaulted, it's something I miss the most. It was very useful. Gun feel is a big deal in weather I enjoy the use of a weapon or not, so unfortunately it's something I have to consider. Not much else to say other then of my approval of your exception.

Even just the ability to infuse things with out it needing to be on your characters inventory would be a big deal. Sometimes the shuffling around kit is just as bad as the endless loot clogging the pipes in the first place. If I could infuse stuff straight from my postmaster, boy would that help things.

You use to be able to infuse stuff in the Vault (most/some of the time), but the latest update broke it for me. Seems to be a loading issue.

Really? Well then I hope they can fix that and add the Postmaster to boot!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread