This is very intresting input. (Criticism)

by EffortlessFury @, Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 15:01 (833 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

The less you play, the faster and more aggressively you encounter all of the problems you mentioned. I never had time to play with builds and use even a quarter of my loot to determine what was worth keeping because I was constantly chasing the next thing, which took almost all of my time playing.

This is a perspective I do not know, as I'm probably one of the larger-ish power whales in Destiny through the amount of kit and styles of play I have at my disposal, cus' 499/500. Even if I do play less, I'm still pretty locked in due to years of tenure built in the kit at my disposal. That said, I do have questions.

• What is your goal in playing this game?
  • Is this game only about the chase to you right now?
  • Wouldn't the glut of options that I'm currently having an issue with, be more a good thing for you? I'm thinking about "walk before you run", where you need to know what options exist in the game before you can go and start making builds that complement and balance various strengths and weaknesses.
    • Or is it simply just feeling overwhelmed by the glut of things? (Which is definitely not a new criticism among newer/every-so-often players.)

To start, I haven't played since March of 2021 and sadly I ultimately intend never to return. I really appreciated the seasonal story getting much better but I didn't have the energy to keep up with the seasonal events anymore, and the fact that the story is only available during the season and that old narrative is being removed, combined with my gameplay loop and loot struggles...it wasn't worth the effort anymore. I can at least answer in the context of how I felt over my years of playing. For overall context, I was a solo player.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread