That's also how I feel. (Criticism)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 08:10 (815 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

To start, I haven't played since March of 2021 and sadly I ultimately intend never to return. I really appreciated the seasonal story getting much better but I didn't have the energy to keep up with the seasonal events anymore, and the fact that the story is only available during the season and that old narrative is being removed, combined with my gameplay loop and loot struggles...it wasn't worth the effort anymore. I can at least answer in the context of how I felt over my years of playing. For overall context, I was a solo player.

I also feel this way.

I understood that seasons were added because some players wanted content to grind even when there wasn't really any new content (more narrative, novel mechanics, new environments).

Then, it made sense to ask why these activities weren't better integrated into the narrative; so we got voiceovers and lite cutscenes to do this.

So now the story comes out not just in story missions and lore cards, but also in activities locked into season passes, some of which are also time-gated.

Which seems to incentivize either going all in-- base game, DLC, and season passes-- or nothing, because it seems like nobody would really be able to understand what's going on in Witch Queen without either playing several of the preceding seasons (some more relevant than others, I expect) or watching a catchup video.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread