MARATHON Reveal Trailer (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 19:47 (330 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

The game may also be a platform to help establish the world building that could lead into a more narrative focused game after the fact.

If that's true, I'll eat my hat.

I don't mean this as negatively as it sounds, but I genuinely don't think Bungie (as a company, not as a collection of talented individuals) is interested in that anymore. If they can't milk it with constant season passes and microtransactions, I don't think they're interested.

Which . . . again, as a company, is absolutely the smart play. Why would you make another Halo when Destiny continues to rake in so much money? Why not make another Destiny instead?

I'm torn because . . . like, for the most part, I'm sick of the live service game. I've stopped playing Destiny, Apex, Call of Duty, etc. (Genshin still gets a pass because it's that good). On the other hand, a new Bungie shooter will always, always be compelling, and after the Dark Zone in the Division and playing some DMZ in the new Warzone, extraction shooters are really freaking fun.

I'll begrudgingly keep an eye on this, but, for the first time since the first Halo, a new Bungie game is not an automatic day one buy for me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread