MARATHON replay (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 25, 2023, 10:00 (337 days ago) @ Vortech
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, May 25, 2023, 10:06

I honestly wonder if people can discover Marathon at this point. I tried to play it again a while back with the xbox ports and it made me physically ill. I think at the size of screen we have these days the kind of motion in the game causes me motion sickness. It's not a particularly tight shooter, so you really have to be enamored by the story in the terminals, at which point, just read Bungie.org, right? I'd love if more people found a love for it, but I think you need nostalgia to get you through the rough edges.

Motion sickness was not uncommon with the xbox version. It's not as big a deal with the original for some reason.

You can go to https://alephone.lhowon.org and get them for a modern system. My only gripe is that the original graphics and interface are not default. You need to choose OG graphics, and download a lua script for OG interface. The original experience should be the default IMO. But once you set it up that way it's pretty much exactly how you'd experience it back in the mid 90s.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread