my dumb, secret hope ... (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, May 30, 2023, 11:41 (332 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Well, one of the example scenarios in the Vidoc was running into a Compiler and having an "oh no" moment, so...I struggle to see how that is anything but PvE unless they're incorporating Dead by Daylight-esque gameplay by default (much less likely). XD

Gambit is an entire Destiny PvP game mode where you spend the majority of your time fighting non-player combatants. I'm not sure I see why you think that seeing a Compiler couldn't fit into this style of play.

Almost every Extraction Shooter that I can think of heavily employs a PvE aspect and mostly-PvE objectives. The PvP element comes from a need to fight over the same resources, rewards, or limited number of extractions available, but running into other players is at times a secondary aspect of the genre. Sometimes not even that.

In fact, one of my favorite memories in Call of Duty's own Extraction Shooter, DMZ, involved cooperating with another squad to complete PvE objectives for the better part of an hour before we went our separate ways, so the genre alone won't tell us exactly what the game's core focus could be.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread