Tyson Green (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Saturday, December 14, 2013, 11:44 (3785 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You know they consider your (and all of our) input into what they do, I guess I just don't see how disrespecting that which you cherish in order to make it better(through some kind of crucible of distrust and scorn) is supposed to somehow elicit a better end result. That's just not productive, man.

He noticed. It's productive. Assuming they take our input into account, which I doubt they do. It's not disrespect. It's just being direct. If Tyson or Dan met me in real life the encounter would seem much more positive, I assure you.

So you're choosing to ignore all that we hear and see from them about how the community matters and dismiss it as what, clever marketing? Ok.

And you're saying it's a conscious choice (and furthermore that you think it's somehow constructive) to strike the kind of tone you generally do here. Because what? Being a jerk about your opinion somehow increases its efficacy in this medium?

Every day I hear a million different opinions: this sucks, that's good etc. I just screened a documentary I cut about the life of a certain man, and half the people who saw it hated it because we didn't put him on a pedestal, but instead looked at his life in a humble, almost melancholy way. They said the approach was idiotic (because many people in the room considered him a personal hero), but others LOVED what we did. In the end you do what YOU think is right, but you have to be prepared for others not to share the same opinion.

I'm sure Bungie are all big boys and girls and aren't going to home and hang themselves in their closets because of your criticism of their work in progress that you haven't even had a sit-down with.

If you want all your self-righteousness to count for something, if you want to be taken seriously as a seasoned and trustworthy vector for input on something we all want to be enthralled with, why would you dilute your contribution with an unnecessarily shrill tone?

Maybe because some people are smart enough to listen to the words, and not how they are said? It's not a personal attack.

You're insulting yourself with that garbage. You've shown many, many times over that you're more than capable of understanding and appreciating how tone affects communication. You just made that point in your example of the documentary.

A lot of this boils down to you being unpleasant for the sake of it, and I would prefer you not do that here. I don't speak for anyone else on this, but my guess is that I'm not alone.

Then ban me and call it a day.

By the grace of Claude I have been indeed blessed with the power to do that, but that's not how this works.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread