Tyson Green (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, December 16, 2013, 07:32 (3784 days ago) @ Dmiller

Cody. Tyson's job is investment. He doesn't handle gameplay. That is my job. I (and others in my group) handle gameplay. We make sure the game is fun. Player Investment and Gameplay compliment each other- they aren't at odds. Just because there is investment doesn't mean there is no gameplay or not a focus on gameplay. We have triple the amount of level and activity designers than any of our Halo games. We have Old school Vets and fresh blood. Our sole focus is building great and memorable encounters- just like we did with Halo.

This is a really telling post. Investment really scares me when it becomes ingrained in the gameplay. When it is on top of the gameplay, I can see it adding a lot to the overall "experience".

This video was super encouraging. It sounds like investment means a lot more than numbers ticking up. That the vidmaster achievements and Dark Souls were some of the main points they're looking to in how to drive investment makes me very happy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread