Tyson Green (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, December 14, 2013, 12:17 (3757 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Ragashingo, Saturday, December 14, 2013, 12:34

(Heh, or is it only gave developers you'd be civil to?

Apparently, I'm not civil to them either.

And you think that is something to be proud of, or to remind people of?

Is this really hard to imagine, that the online persona is just that? A persona?

For me, yes!

I act the same online as I do in person. If I ever get to meet anyone from around here I want them to know that they've been talking to me and not some persona! Around here I try and treat everyone with respect. If I see a new name posting their ideas about Destiny I try and take the time to give them a substantive reply so that they feel welcomed. If I write a little story about someone's weapon idea I find myself writing one for everyone because I'd hate for anyone to be left out. For that same reason everyone who posts to my little fan fiction contest will be getting a meaningful reply from me on Christmas day. I even usually make it a point to respond to anyone who responds to me, because I want them to feel that they have been heard and appreciated. And I do all these things naturally, not as a burden, not because I'm playing a part. Around here I truly enjoy taking in the facts, looking for connections and then helping show others what might be hidden and what might be fun to discuss. I want to foster community and friendship and good discussion because that's who I really am.

So, who are you?

If you're better than this persona (I'd hate to think you're telling me that you're actually being on your best behavior and you're really worse!) then why are you taking the time to act rudely to me and everyone else? Is it the "they can't punch me in the face over tcp/ip" internet tough guy thing? Is it because you enjoy making people angry without any real consequences? So yeah, it is hard for me to imagine, so I don't. "I'm just playing a part" isn't going to come anywhere close to convincing me that you're actually a nice guy. Until you show some sign to the contrary I'm going to keep believing you are exactly as you act.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread