Sorry, but that's a premature accusation

by breitzen @, Kansas, Sunday, February 24, 2013, 12:12 (4076 days ago) @ kapowaz

spent half an hour manually tracing the skyline as outline art, which you then directly used in your own designs. I'm not that bothered by it really, given that it's clearly Bungie's original idea, but for you use the expression credit where credit is due when you'd just copied and pasted mine into Photoshop is a bit off, if you ask me.

Anyway, let's leave it at that.

That would be understandable. Except that I didn't do that.

I pulled up the wallpaper from the ARG site as well and did my own cityscape in Illustrator, creating vector points (which allow for scaling much better than photoshop pixels). While I certainly used the idea you used, I didn't feel required to give you credit since the cityscape was pulled from bungie artwork.

This is a cooperative thing, so even if someone wanted to use my ideas and expand I'm cool with that. But let me be clear that I have creative integrity and I certainly did not rip off your half hour of work. I did it myself.

I hope there are no hard feelings and we can go on to make the best logo possible. I'm certainly not mad, just felt like I had to defend my name and work.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread