Even Simpler

by kapowaz, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 02:11 (4076 days ago) @ Dean Hofmeyer (unhh)

I liked what iZac did with his simplified B.org logo, so I went ahead and gave it the D. I'm not sure I like the result as much as the normal one, but here it is anyway.

[image]

I think your earlier effort was far more effective. For one, I don't think people should be making drastic changes to the b.org logo — it has a recognisable shape that is easily broken by trying to rework it (there are lots of entries that try to do this, and I think whilst they're interesting in their own right, they're not right for a b.org site).

I think if I were to try and refine the original, I'd focus on trying a few different treatments for the capital letter D. The planet inside forms a negative space reminiscent of the right-side curve of an capital D by itself, so you're already onto a winner, but perhaps there are other aspect ratios that will work better? Or perhaps different corner radii for the left-hand side? Or maybe a stroke to the overall shape…?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread