Only kinda sorta uncalled for. (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, April 20, 2015, 14:15 (3346 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I've found just two main sources of Destiny sales figures that split it by console. The first is from GfK Chart-Track from around Destiny's launch. It shows a split of 46% PS4, 34% XBone, 14% 360, 4% PS3. Very notably these are first week figures for the UK only that do not include digital downloads. The second figures come from VGChartz and show a sales split of 4.67M PS4, 2.56M XBone, 1.59M 360, 1.35 PS3. Persumably, these figures are up to date and include all sales.

No, those were similar to my figures. Let's say 18%. Not a huge number, but not entirely inconsequential. I wonder how many would have gone out and gotten a new system to play Destiny had it been Next Gen only?

Cruel Legacy is also right: Destiny was being developed since at least 2009, well before the current generation of consoles was announced. That is probably the biggest reason right there that Destiny is cross generation.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread