You bring up a lot of good points

by Avateur @, Monday, June 10, 2013, 20:58 (3975 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Avateur, Monday, June 10, 2013, 21:08

Really good points. As you stated, a lot of it is speculation, and who knows what the actual mechanic here is. Who knows if the gun abilities only add more fun to the game and an added amount of complexity as opposed to something designed to keep you grinding until you can beat the next super strong baddy.

Your thoughts on combat are a problem I've had with MMOs for a very long time. I feel you're spot on. But this shared world experience could mean more. Does it all come down to battles? One of the questions I asked a while back (and it may be a while more before we ever find out) was whether or not guilds/clans are designed for combat. What about just going on quests and exploring? Are we going to be attacked and in combat constantly? What about the mystery of where we are and where we're going and what we might find? How intellectual will the game be?

This E3 reveal definitely looked more like a basic mechanics/combat demo to try and show action, fun, environments, and the way some things might work. I'm excited to see what comes next, particularly what comes next that doesn't revolve around combat.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread