Destiny, Social Gaming, Shared World, and Numbers

by BOLL ⌂ @, Sweden, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 01:12 (3975 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yes, WoW was anti-social most of the time, except the occasional meetups. And yes, I also see couch multiplayer as the social gaming :P That's why that's almost the only gaming I do nowadays, and it happens very seldom.

Oh, and yes, that is how RPGs work. To keep you from jumping the content wall, you get to grind. Nothing new there, and nothing unexpected. Even the original Zelda worked like this, get more hearts if it is too hard, find more gear to get to new places.

I'm pretty sure it is sensible to have the access to the world progressing this way, it will make it feel like just that, like you are making progress. Perhaps not in player skill, but that is not RPG that is real world physical skills, but your avatar progresses by gaining levels and gear. Pretty much how RPGs have always worked, no?

So basically you're annoyed it's no longer only a skill-based twitch-shooter but an RPG? I'm not sure if this is news :D And sorry if I'm talking out of my ass, I fell asleep before the gameplay reveal and I'm waiting for the video to come online, heh! :x

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread