Destiny, Social Gaming, Shared World, and Numbers

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 10, 2013, 22:46 (3975 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Anyway, I play Dungeons & Dragons and there are numbers to go up in that. If you are insulting stats, then you are being so dumb I can't talk to you. Insulting stats in a certain game: Fine. Disliking stats in general: Fine. Saying they are objectively bad in most cases, that they are inherently bad, I just can't accept that. Look, Cody, you don't like stats. The end. There isn't anything more here if you are going to extend that to them being bad. I'm sorry I'm so confrontational, but you just made a VERY stupid blanket statement, and I stayed up too late. Okay, I'm calm again, so I'm just gonna step out for my own good, especially since you seem to be against one particular type of stat but masking it with hatred of stats in general.

You, playing D&D, should know the stats are incidental and a small part of the experience. Most of it is about the ROLE PLAYING. There's very little role playing in (most) video game RPGs, so the stats become the dominating component.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread