Destiny, Social Gaming, Shared World, and Numbers

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 12:03 (3974 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by SonofMacPhisto, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 12:15

I want to know what you recommend. I loved Mass Effect, but I had similar issues as Cory, especially in the first game. They got better.

In the first game, it's just rough. I would go Adept, take Assault Rifle training as your bonus, move the difficulty down from normal if you want, and then bring Wrex and Liara everywhere. Let squadmates use their powers on their own. At least then, you get the hilarity from the overpowered biotics, along with Wrex's absurd tanking and shotgun blasts.

The second game is a massive improvement. Vanguard is my all-time favorite, because of the skill you need to really pull of biotic charge (Cody, reload and melee cancels, and best for speed running). Soldier is fun, because bullet time. Adept is also fun, because you can use combos with warp. Never really played the other classes much, but everyone likes them in different ways. Look around, and you can find a lot of people that adore them (even Engineer!). The guns also get a lot more varied, and you get some real winners like the Widow sniper rifle (great on a Soldier or Infiltrator).

Mass Effect 3 is hands down the best of the bunch. Of course, Vanguard for me, because it went from super-awesome to God Of Death and Sorrow. Biotic charge plus Nova is tough but rewarding, as you really have to go balls to the wall skillful if you want to make a super-aggressive playstyle work. The rest of the classes are fun too, because Bioware basically improved on what they did in ME2 as far as movement (dodging, unlimited sprint, grabbing dudes over cover) and fighting options (melee, more guns, mods, grenades for everyone but Vanguard). There's lots more guns to choose from, and they feel pretty good and offer a variety of strategies. The amount of guns you carry affects your power cooldown too, so you gotta make some choices.

tl;dr - Remember how old ME1 is, and enjoy watching the game evolve.

EDIT: Kerm, you probably know a lot of this, but I tried to write it as KISS as possible for others who might be wondering about the other games.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread