Destiny, Social Gaming, Shared World, and Numbers

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 10:48 (3975 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm not getting into the mechanics of game types and so on, but here's a few general thoughts.

I've been the peon in the great majority of the multiplayer games I've played, and I've still had fun. Occasionally, I've done something cool that saved the day, and that's been memorable (maybe even legendary)--maybe more so than if it weren't so surprising.

I'm already a legend according to Bungie. I've beaten their games on legendary. Regarding becoming a legend, I think you're reading rhetoric as if it's a spec.

I want to mention the fun part again, because it's important. Some would say the most important. Some like me.

What you describe does not sound like fun, yet if there's one thing I trust Bungie to do, it's to create a game that is fun. That's why, to me, your criticisms seem a little premature.

That's not to say that I don't have questions about how the sharing will be handled in a way that allows everyone to have a degree of fun. I do. We shall see.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread