Honestly, now that I've seen the game in action...

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 22:51 (3974 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I don't think you realize how badly I WANT to like this, given my lifelong Bungie fandom.

I'm in a similar boat. With Halo fading away, I got nothing much left in modern games. So just sit back and smoke a cigar. You can tear the game apart once it hits. :)

There's still good stuff in modern gaming. You just need to search a little. Tell me what genres you like and I can recommend stuff.

'Modern' was probably too big of a term, I guess I just haven't been wowed by anything in the last year and a half or so.

I'm open to any genre that can give me an immersive world or backstory, exploration, and a feeling of real motivation in my blood. For example, I always loved Halo the best when the sandbox design + story + music synced up and gave me the inspiration and freedom to tell my own story in the midst of battle. But I've also found those elements in RTSs and other genres before.

I'd also like a game that doesn't treat me like its the first game I've ever played. I get very turned off in the first 20-30 minutes of so many games I try lately from crappy tutorials. Also not much of a twitch-gamer. I always enjoyed watching my friend play Devil May Cry but I could never play it long (except on easy mode).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread