Destiny, Social Gaming, Shared World, and Numbers

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 08:42 (3975 days ago) @ electricpirate

Yea, good point. That's one of my big annoyances with borderlands, and something that Halo gets right. In fact, Halo's one of the few modern shooters where you actually have some ability to avoid fire, so I'm really glad to see Destiny keeping that part of Halo. It's one of those, "Small design, huge change" kind of thing.

There's a lot of luck and gear involved in getting it right. (the next part of my post is for people who obviously haven't played Borderlands) I've played Commando the most, and his Surivial skill tree has something called Grit. Maxed out without a mod, you ignore death dealing damage 20% of the time and regain half your health. Then, if you have a high level version of a shield called 'The Sham' you can absorb bullets up to 94% of the time.

I mean, sure, I had to play a ton to get there (and it was fun the entire way), but goddamn if I don't feel like Thor's big brother when Grit pops four or five times in a row while I'm blasting every fool within 100 miles via rocket propelled fire death.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread