Bigotry, armchair speculation and prejudice

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 07:15 (3975 days ago) @ kapowaz

Isn't it ironic that you see fit to comment on a game that you don't play, and base your analysis of the people that do on an intentionally trolling caricature from a comedy program made nearly 7 years ago. Your actual knowledge and understanding of the social scene surrounding WoW and its communities is clearly nil. Not that I think that's an excuse for what you wrote, which is bigotry, plain and simple.

Did you even read what I wrote? I said that THAT'S THE POPULAR CONCEPTION. And that's a true statement. I know for a fact that not all WoW players are like this, but my question remains: why is THAT the general population's conception, and not one of the suave social gentleman or charismatic leader? That perception couldn't have anything to do with the game, could it?

Do we look at the titans of teams sports the same way, even though their dedication to the game is surely just as strong? No? Why do you think that is? Maybe because sports are social and WoW is not?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread