RIP Speaker (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Saturday, September 24, 2016, 06:05 (2799 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I am also really curious why the speaker has basically vanished since Vanilla. He hasn't weighed in on any of the massive things that have happened since we stopped the black heart. Maybe he went on vacation? With each story the game highlights a character, then forgets about them in another DLC.

Fan reaction aside, if expense and scheduling factored into replacing Peter Dinklage with Nolan North, then I doubt getting Bill Nighy into recording sessions is going to be any easier.

The difference was that recording new Speaker dialogue probably is, at least in the short term, pretty avoidable. New ghost dialogue was not.

I'd not be surprised if they kill off the speaker to start Destiny 2 at this point. Note that since TTK we've been seeing interplay between various Guardian leaders (heads of the Hunters, Titans and Warlocks respectively, plus the three faction heads, plus Eris, Shaxx and Saladin, and not only have none of them interacted with the Speaker, they haven't even mentioned him.

Getting rid of him would open up a power struggle storyline that the playful banter has perhaps been hinting at. Just a thought.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread