But that contradicts known facts. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, September 25, 2016, 15:43 (2798 days ago) @ Avateur

Eh, I'd say your problem is that to this day you're still using the Grimoire to try to pretend that Destiny the game has (or has had) something of a story. It sort of does due to Taken King and Rise of Iron, but that's still barely a story at this point.

Also, I ALMOST replied to your question of sources right after you posted it by saying "the game itself" because of the clear and obvious fact that almost all of the expansions have been repurposed-cut-content from launch and that we still haven't managed to have even a fraction of story until Taken King, but I decided not to. But hey, why not now since this portion of the thread is for some reason still a thing? Cody doesn't need inside knowledge or Kotaku to back it up. And no, the Grimoire doesn't count.

As for your Rasputin stuff, it's still all backstory give or take a nifty mention in Rise of Iron. A mention. That's it. Sure, according to the Grimoire, maybe Rasputin was against humanity at one point, but that doesn't mean he will be now. How much have we saved him lately? I guess I'll have to wait and see what's in the Raid to see if that goes anywhere. It's too bad all of this info is still primarily almost all from the Grimoire. This game has what amounts to nearly no story. Dunno why it's still gotta be repeated. Bungie has had basically no story planned out in-game at all beyond launch. Launch got cut and repurposed. Cody's not wrong. Source? Game itself. He may have additional sources, but I have my own eyes and two years of playing a game without much of a story.

So, are you singling out Cody? Yes. Don't pretend you're not. You do you man. Single him out. Whatever. Just because you asked someone else a question (justifiably, because I think the two year thing was incorrect even though I agreed with his overall points) doesn't mean you magically aren't singling out Cody like always. At least own it. :P

Read Cody's post:

Destiny is literally being made up as they go. They do not have a master plan. It's not like they have an outline planned or anything. When Destiny first came out, that was all they knew about their own story. The origin of the heart and of the Exo Stranger were still unknown even to them.

You can say that what Cody said is obviously true judging by the game itself, but I think that's claiming a lot. Cody states everything as a fact, and then in this instance he doubled down on the factual nature of his statements by basically saying he knows things we don't because of sources. Cody deserves singling out because of the way he expresses himself. He's even more insufferable when he claims unknown sources. Those who disagree with his opinions not only have to deal with someone who can't admit his own subjectivity, but now we have to contend with phantoms who back him up. That's not even mentioning any confirmation bias at play or that these alleged sources aren't necessarily impartial witnesses.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread