State of the Crucible (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 11:42 (2789 days ago) @ ChaosSociety

You need to STFU and Git Gud ;)

Now that's out of the way. I'd agree that the shotgun meta is real right now. I believe part of that has been the introduction of Supremacy where you pretty much have to shotgun in order to get points. Also the flinch nerf to snipers has caused some people to switch over to shotties. Don't get me wrong, I feel the nerf to snipers was needed. It's been refreshing not to be sniped all the time.

I still feel the closing distance time is too quick where shotguns currently stand. These can be countered with TLW or a good Fusion Rifle though. I actually feel pulse rifles are in a good place right now. They are not too powerful, but still hold their own well. Lately I've switched away from my god roll grasp in favor of my god roll PDX-45. I just feel that my grasp has left me hanging more often then not.

Now on the topic of the Gunslinger nerf. The damage reduction to tripmines still has me mad. Then when you add in the new artifact that reduces damage over time, the incendiary grenade is not nearly as effective. So your two "good" grenades are now complete crap. I used to only run Gunslinger in crucible, but for the last month or so I've found I do better running as a bladedancer. Once you get over trying to go invis all the time, the bladedancer subclass has a lot of great perks. The grenades are still good, built in quickdraw is awesome, and the super is pretty good even with the shotgun meta currently. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread