by Kahzgul, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 23:25 (2789 days ago) @ Pyromancy

It's important to keep in mind that what I think will "fix" the crucible would also fundamentally change it, especially at longer ranges. While I think these changes are necessary to make the meta more dynamic and allow for a wider variety of "top" weapons depending on playstyle, I can easily see someone who feels like snipers are "in a good place" adamantly denying that these changes should be implemented.

I feel like the big take away is that tweaking the weapons alone isn't enough. In fact, the only way I can see weapon tweaking having much impact on the current meta would be to make current OHK weapons no longer capable of OHKs. Even then, shotgun+melee would still be effectively the same as an OHK, so you'd have to nerf shotty damage so much that the shotgun + melee combo didn't work, or you'd have to set up shotguns such that you couldn't melee immediately afterwards. Either way, that would be really, really different from what we have now and would effectively remove secondary weapons of all sorts from the meta. Not ideal, imo.

I also believe that tweaking player movement should be off limits (with the exception of titan skating - a full armor, full recovery character should not also be the fastest character in the game) because I think the movement is the thing that sets destiny apart from other shooters. Lose that, and you lose what makes the game compelling.

So while I think I've got good solutions (if difficult ones), I want to make clear that I am purposely limiting the scope of what I would feel comfortable adjusting, while recognizing that other people may feel like some things I'd be fine changing would not be fine with them to change.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread