Why Bungie Can't Get it Right (from a design standpoint) (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 19:27 (2793 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Your numbers seem screwy. There used to be a Google Doc with TTKs for Destiny weapons; I don't know where it is, but the FASTEST primaries on that list were over 2 seconds, not this sub-second stuff you're talking about.

According to the Destiny Wiki, run speed ranges from 5-6+ m/sec (depending on agility), not '14-20 m in 0.7-1.0 sec'.

I can't look at what kills me any more (DestinyTracker no longer keeps those stats, unfortunately), but I am NOT killed by Shotguns all the time. I will totally agree that PC+1/Matadors with range perks are pretty frickin' dangerous... but so are a lot of other guns. I don't use shotguns at all (except in Supremacy, where they're sort of important), and I don't feel like I'm at a disadvantage because of it. My K/D is as good (bad) as it's always been; no huge changes since the shotgun buffs.

Yeah, it's anecdotal; but (as far as I can tell) so is everything else. :(

Well...almost everything.

Guardian.GG keeps track of useful stats in arguments like this, and yes, the shotgun was dominant starting in early October... until a couple of days ago, when pulse rifles surpassed them. (In early October, they passed Auto Rifles, which had been super-dominant for a couple of weeks before that. Auto Rifles are on their way back up, too, likely buoyed by the recent acquisition of Unbent Trees by a large chunk of people.)

I dunno - the meta changes fast enough (imo) that complaining about a specific gun seems silly, because in 2 weeks it's going to be surpassed by something else.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread