Not in Trials though (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, October 28, 2016, 12:05 (2787 days ago) @ Dundre

Cause everyone "has" to go Flawless.

I actually think the Flawless thing is an overall negative for Trials. Remember that first week, before we knew about the Lighthouse? When going 7-4 or 5-4 was okay cause you got your package at least, and trying again didn't seem too daunting because you had some wiggle room? You coukd enjoy it and get rewards even if you weren't perfect.

Trials now is all about the Flawless. One loss on your card? Might as well start over. No point even playing if you're not going to the Lighthouse.

Which isn't true! The Lighthouse is meant to be only for the best of the best. Its supposed to be okay to just go 7-4. But everyone has to Lighthouse or why bother. It's part of why Trials is so sweaty, I'm sure. And definiteky why it's so obnoxiously stressful.

I played a card recently with no intention of Lighthousing and had a lot of fun (even though we sucked), but the draw of the Flawless is so strong for most groups most of the time. It really negatively impacts Trials overall I think.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread