Doesn't that depend on what you thought of Believe? (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, August 31, 2017, 12:37 (2428 days ago) @ Durandal

I agree withh a lot of this, from a tonal persoective. I do have two points though:

I disagree with the notion that Reach was a heroic death competition and more an exploration of the interpersonal conflicts and the impersonal nature of war. Only 2 deaths go the heroic sacrifice route of 5. And one of those was an assured inevitability while the other was an assumed inevitability.

The marketing shift based on associated game is interesting. Halo tended to have somewhat grounded military stuff under Bungie for its live action with the obvious science fiction. We Are ODST is possibly my favorite trailer ever. Halo 4/5 becoming a space opera, a meaningless LA trailer, and the forced misdirects were disappointing. But bringing up CoD is interesting as it is all about multiplayer for their LA trailers. Which fits the overall marketing mindset of the games as MP first with campaigns as an aside. In this regard the live action trqilers for Destiny are all very fitting of the general player base and the overall perspective of their use as selling tools that illustrate a reflection of the major player base. Perhaps that is just an Activision thing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread