"Funny" (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, August 31, 2017, 13:18 (2401 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Because no matter how cool and awesome a trailer is in terms of gameplay, people don't talk about that. They talk about that funny commercial they just saw.

"Funny".

Apparently you don't like funny in your oh so serious game trailers. I can understand you didn't like the vibe of the trailer. But you're also a very very very small part of the player base. This is about getting the word out about Destiny 2. Humor is a great way to do that.

I've posted before about the story where Jamie blew off a marketing firm who made a trailer for the original Halo because it was heavy metal and explosions cut quickly. The reason? "That's not our game…"

This doesn't seem like Destiny.

Which funny because I can think of several instances where this feels exactly like Destiny. This is exactly how I expect Cayde to do things and I'm perfectly okay with that. And how the fireteam responds reminds me of playing with DBO people. Heck, when the titan goes all Leroy Jenkins because of puppies it reminds me of when a bunch of us were doing the WotM raid and we shot the guys head to start the fight. We didn't even know that would start the encounter and we ran around like chickens with our heads cut off.

I get it. And I'm not against the usage of humor at all. There's just a way to do it I think. I've always thought it's better to have the humor come naturally from the character and situation, and not from literal jokes. We've seen zero puppies in the Destiny universe.

Cayde's entire character is someone who makes jokes. Do you mean the fireteam? Because to me the Titan Leroy Jenkens was very much situational humor. So was the part where the hunter was firing over her head while running past the gunfire. Those are just the two off the top of my head.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread