+1 I'd written up almost this exact response (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 31, 2017, 17:41 (2401 days ago) @ Xenos

I'm not making those assumptions. I'm saying that there is a large LARGE percentage of gamers out there that don't BUY an FPS game primarily for it's story or tone. This is not based on my opinion or anecdotal evidence. Go look at the list of the best selling FPS games of all time. None of the games typically associated with having awesome stories are on the top 5. Even Halo, while Bungie.org is a great example of people who love the story, is not generally associated with its story, but with its multiplayer. The real point I'm trying to make is that Activision SHOULD market their game to those people as well as us who happen to love the world and story behind Destiny. They want a great and fun action FPS, guess what? Destiny 2 can fill that want!

Statistically, movie trailers that spoil the entire plot are the most effective at getting people to go buy tickets to a film. Does that mean every trailer should basically tell you the entire story?

No? There are other ways to do cool trailers? Oh.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread