The raid lair takes teamwork (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 09:38 (2306 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Still working on the Lost Prophecy weapon grind.

Still working on Masterworks upgrades/grind.

Our mostly over age 60 fire team are still busting our heads on the 1st boss stage of the raid lair.

Is it because you don't understand what the mechanics are? Once you get the mechanics down in the lair it mostly just takes very good team work. Miscommunication is the biggest cause of failure in this. Yes, there are some guns/abilities that help more than others, but it's by no means required.

Bungie really doesn't seem to care if people have great difficulty completing some game activities. Maybe they will care when we move to other games.

I believe that Bungie wants the raids to be difficult. For some it's easier, for others it's harder. That is a simple fact of experience and skill levels. I think it would be worse to have a really easy raid that the majority of players breeze through than to have a hard raid that requires multiple tries to eventually beat. I'm sure that Bungie set the difficulty of the raid to the point where a majority of the player base can beat it after several attempts. If your team is under that threshold, then I can understand how that is frustrating, but don't blame Bungie for it.

If you need tips or tricks that made the encounters easier, just ask. We are happy to help.

We gave up on the full raid until a later date. Maybe we can successfully grind for superior weapons that could enable us to succeed.

I guess it depends on how you define "superior" but in my mind there isn't really a set of weapons that are required.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread