+11 (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 11:44 (2304 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Korny, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 11:49

Bungie really doesn't seem to care if people have great difficulty completing some game activities. Maybe they will care when we move to other games.

Maybe we can successfully grind for superior weapons that could enable us to succeed.

The Leviathan has been beaten by a deaf team, several teams that did not communicate in any way (even HUDless), the entire raid has been 4-manned, and the final boss has been 2-manned...

At some point you have to stop blaming Bungie or the weapons, and start looking in the mirror at what the real problem is, man...

We've had discussions about how pretty much any weapon is viable throughout the raid. We've raided with Blue weapons and armor. We've raided with mostly blind teams. You seem to be one of the only people constantly complaining about content being "made too hard", but honestly, the problem lies with you and your team. The content is fine. The level requirement is fine, and the mechanics are fine (there's several ways to beat the encounters, even!).

You're a highly skilled player, Korny. It makes a difference.

I know that I'm probably a bit better at this game than some folks, which is why I'm not dismissing his complaints by saying "this stuff is easy". The problem is that he often claims that the content is tailored for the most elite players, and saying that Bungie should make the hardest content in the game easier, because it's completely unfair otherwise. This isn't the case, and I listed to a number of examples where people have deliberately made the game unfair, and were still able to beat it (sometimes going flawless, even). This is an example of casting blame on others for your own faults, while the game has enough real faults as it is.

I will say most of the raid team I play with most often is ~50, and at times we've had some epic struggles completing certain challenges. I think we all believed we could do it eventually, though, and there's little or no complaining about the problem being Bungie. DEEP, if you and your group complain like you do here, then it doesn't surprise me you fail. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. The mental game is always an element of performance. Believing that we could always improve is what gave us the motivation to continue to refine our strategy until we found roles each of us could perform consistently.

+100

It's always been fun seeing your Xbox team posts whenever new content drops, hearing about the challenges that your group's faced, and what it took for you guys to inch towards victory, until we get the "We did it!" posts. You Deeply-Flawed Raider guys never give up, and it's great (it should be inspiring for Deep's group, even). You guys have tackled everything that the game's thrown at us, normal and Hard mode, and I can't recall any of y'all saying that the content was "unfair" or that you were "required to have this and that" to beat it.

I'm not saying it's not possible that the raid is too hard for your group, but to the extent that I've ever entertained the thought, I've been surprised at how easy they can be later when we each do the right things consistently because we've built up our skills and muscle memory.

I'd love to do the Prisms in the Pleasure Gardens some day, when are you hosting your raid practice events again? :)

P.S. I love the raid lair.

Still blind on that, looking forward to tackling it this year!

PS. Sorry that said Blindness has forced me to turn you guys down when you needed a Sixth.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread