Chappy Cliff Notes (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 13:55 (2299 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Here is where I am confused.

Let's say the DPS side is solar. If there are no solar craniums that need charging, then it makes sense. Just put 3 on solar, then the 'dps' team has their craniums. But what if not?

Let's say there is one solar that needs charging. How do you get 6x craniums? One would need to be charged elsewhere… the craniums vanish when dropped do they not? So how do you get all the DPS craniums to the point while still killing ads?

Worst case is solar side, and 3 solars need charging. Explain how to get the other 3 craniums over using your strat. While carrying a cranium, you kind of can't kill anything.

Orb team would do DPS on DPS side during charging, while DPS team would go to either of the other two sides and charge (and do DPS locally while they wait). When DPS team is ready, they come back to DPS side. Safest thing is for Orb team to clear large adds (Minotaurs, mostly) before picking up craniums and pushing... but in a pinch, DPS team can drop cranium, fire for a couple of seconds, pick up cranium. (This is dangerous, because you're right, it disappears after a few seconds. Someone said 10 seconds, but I think it's less than that. It's more than 5, though. If you screw up, you've hosed the group, so play it safe.)

Also is level an issue in terms of dmg? Most of us are in the 31x range. Is this why we can't DPS the boss? If I get off a golden gun + 6 rockets + residual cranium + primary I do ~800K dmg.

I haven't looked at full damage numbers for a cycle, but as a 33x Hunter, my golden gun was doing a bit under 300k.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread