"We're Listening." (Criticism)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 10:44 (2283 days ago)
edited by Korny, Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 10:51

Bungie has seriously confused me at this point. While it doesn't really bother me on a loot level (I really don't care about the any of the loot itself), it's weird that Bungie continues to make seemingly deliberate missteps, at a time where they are well aware that their every move is being scrutinized.

So it turns out that Faction Token acquisition has a throttle. As it stands right now you aren't supposed to be able to earn more than two sets of Tokens from Public Event chests every ten minutes. I say "supposed to" because there's a chance that you won't get affected by the throttle (I was able to earn five sets before I hit it).

Bungie reported yesterday that yeah, actually there is a new throttle that they didn't tell us about, but it's "not supposed to" affect Public Events, but it's bugged, so it does. Oops!

The thing that gets to me is that putting in a throttle is something that caused huge backlash. This is a loot game where Bungie wants to keep you from earning loot. They want to control the efficiency of your grind. Now sure, that in itself is understandable, since many developers want to slow the rate at which people acquire new gear, but here's the kicker:

You can't actually get any new loot this Faction Rally.

According to Bungie:
"New Faction Rally weapons introduced with Curse of Osiris are not currently available within Faction Engram rewards. These weapons will become available over the course of the season."

So while they pushed the Faction Rally off for a month, there is nothing but Ornaments that non-DLC owners would have missed out on, since none of the new gear will be dropping. And to top it all off, Bungie put systems in there to slow down your ability to get the loot that has not only been available since the first Faction Rally, but you won't have any chance of earning any of the new stuff until the next Faction Rally (besides the Victory weapon that you can buy).

It's just incredibly bizarre to me, because they had to have known that this would not go over well. But over the course of a month, a number of people saw this, checked off on it, and sent it out with a smile.

Meanwhile, about a week ago I made the suggestion that DE should add a Mastery notice to the items in the Market (it already tells you if you own the item, but I thought that it would be neat to see if I'd hit full Mastery with the gear). And what do I see this morning? Exactly what I wanted...

Communication is NOT THAT HARD, BUNGIE. I thought they were listening...

That said, I want to get the Ornament for completing a Nightfall with all NM gear. Who wants to carry me? :v

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread