Armor? (Criticism)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 14:11 (2289 days ago) @ Claude Errera

So, can I or can I not get the cool future war cult titan armor that showed up for y2 from this event?

Through completing the Ornaments, yes.

I really want the FWC helmet ornament, but to get it I have to have the full set. I either need to have a lot of luck on RNG, or grind out to rank 10 (200 tokens) and buy all the armor (25 tokens each). If a public event gives 5, I need to run 40 events to just rank up. Then 5 more for each piece of armor I don't receive along the way. That's somewhere between 40 and 65 public events, then run the nightfall.

I know I can get tokens from other sources, but I'm guessing public events are the fastest if they don't have the cooldown. Are reputation bundles resetting every day?

This is silly. I played for a couple of hours last night - a whole bunch of different things, with a friend. (A little crucible, a few strikes, running around Mercury to finish the Flashpoint - a standard night.)

I ended up with 137 tokens (and 3 of the 5 armor pieces).

I don't know how long 65 (or even 40) public events would take, but I'm DAMN sure it's more than a couple of hours.

Just play the game. You'll get what you need.

I agree with this assessment. People are complaining they can't "grind" but it's really just public events! Just play the game, mix it up and you will easily get what you want.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread